API growth over the past few years has increased exponentially. There are new APIs launched every week and breaking news about APIs every day. There have been a lot of great articles written about APIs and the API Economy. This is a round up of essential API articles that you may have missed.
- Got Structure? The Basics of APIs for Content by Anthony Kosner, The Content Strategist – February 11, 2013
- Competing in the API frenzy by Lorinda Brandon, Network World – February 4, 2013
- For Real Content Monetization We Need Industry Standard, Two-Way APIs, And Fast by Anthony Wing Kosner, Forbes – January 9, 2013
- With All Content Moving Mobile, Karen McGrane Writes, The API’s The Thing by Anthony Wing Kosner, Forbes – January 9, 2013
- APIs: The Power Transforming the Web by Ben Rooney, The Wall Street Journal – October 3, 2012
- Welcome To The API Economy by Roberto Medrano, Forbes – August 29, 2012
- Why the App Economy Isn’t the App Economy, But the API Economy by Steven Willmott, PandoDaily – August 7, 2012
- Taking the Long View on API Ecosystems by Steven Willmott, 3scale Blog – July 13, 2012
- The Secret to Amazons Success Internal APIs by Kin Lane, API Evangelist – January 12, 2012
- Explaining the API Revolution to your CEO by Dan Woods, Forbes – December 15, 2011
The ProgrammableWeb Blog features API breaking news, in-depth articles, statistics and more. Keep up with the latest happenings in the API Industry and subscribe to ProgrammableWeb!
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Follow the PW team on Twitter
APIs, mashups and code. Because the world's your programmable oyster.
Executive Editor, ProgrammableWeb. Author, Map Scripting 101. Lover, APIs.
Most new mashups last 60 days