Hackathons are a fast growing phenomenom where developers come together, usually in short periods up to 72 hours to submit ideas, form teams and hack together applications, data visualizations and sometimes form business models around their ideas. ProgrammableWeb is tracking 14 hackathons coming in the next couple weeks all around the world.
Here is the complete list of 14 upcoming hackathons for the next two weeks:
- IIT Hackathon – 03/30/2012 – Chicago IL, United States
- Two-day Campus Hackathon on HTML 5 / WebWorks – 03/30/2012 – New York NY, United States
- Puppet Labs Hackathon at Stanford University for Stanford Students and Faculty – 03/30/2012 – Stanford CA, United States
- Stamford Startup Weekend – 03/30/2012 – Stamford CT, United States
- Austin Startup Weekend #3 – 03/30/2012 – Austin TX, United States
- Lehigh Valley Hack 2012 – 03/30/2012 – Bethlehem PA, United States
- Paris Startup Weekend – Special Edition Tech – 03/30/2012 – , France
- Startup Weekend Budapest 2012 March – 03/30/2012 – Budapest Budapest, Hungary
- Startup Weekend Orange County 2 – 03/30/2012 – Orange CA, United States
- HackPrinceton Spring 2012 – 03/30/2012 – Princeton NJ, United States
- Startup Weekend Adelaide – 03/30/2012 – Adelaide South Australia, Australia
- Windows 8 hackathon – 03/31/2012 – København Hovedstaden, Denmark
- API Hackathon: Learn. Code. Demo. – 04/01/2012 – London Ontario, Canada
- Hack Night #1: Ideation & startup teams forming; OC Hackerz – 04/03/2012 – San Diego CA, United States
If we missed your event, make sure and submit below as a comment and we’ll include it next week.
For those that are new to the hackathon space, these events are not intended to perform illegal activities around computer networks. Software developers widely see hacking as a quick and dirty programming solution to a problem. It is NOT about gaining access to other networks, which is a definition widely publicized by the media and hollywood. Among the developer community, it is mean to be a positive term that drives innovation among developers.