We’re proud and humbled that ProgrammableWeb is a valued resource for open API information and trends. We couldn’t continue to curate the directory without the help of our sponsors and partners. A big thanks for their support. Additionally, we know they have products and services of interest to our readers, so we’re pleased to offer you this chance to learn a bit more about the companies that make our site possible.
If you are interested in sponsoring ProgrammableWeb and reaching our influential audience of technology decision makers contact us by web or by email for details.
- Nokia: The communications company many of us know as a phone manufacturer has a rich developer community. Last month they came together at Nokia World for the Nokia Developer Summit.
- Paypal: The online payments company has an innovative platform and an upcoming Innovate conference at the end of the month to help developers use it better.
- SingTel: The largest mobile operator in Singapore has an apps contest open to everyone. The first phase ends soon and you can find out more at our blog coverage.
- Twilio: Telephone applications are now easy to create thanks to Twilio’s simple API. And every week it proves this by giving away a netbook to a developer who created the winning entry in its ongoing contest.
- Mashery: Launching and running a successful API is harder than it looks and Mashery’s on-demand API services can help you get there more quickly, with lower costs and better results. See what Netflix, Best Buy and the New York Times already know.
- Layer 7 Technologies: Organizations that need secure application services should look to Layer 7, which is changing the way you connect to, run and publish services in the cloud.
- Alcatel-Lucent: The communications solutions provider is partnering with ProgrammableWeb to encourage developers to build 100 Apps in 100 Days and its sponsoring a contest to make it happen. Alcatel-Lucent is also the parent company to ProgrammableWeb.
- Joyent: When your social app explodes, Joyent’s public cloud hosting will help you achieve the exceptional scalability, performance, and reliability required.
- Apigee: If you love APIs, Apigee has something for you, whether you’re a developer, provider or enterprise. Sears, MySpace and thousands of developers have all discovered they love Apigee as much as they do APIs.
- 3Scale: Provides a plug & play, self-service API management solution enabling you to launch, manage and grow your API business without any hassle or unexpected surprises.
- SDK Bridge: Leaders in API documentation, SDK Bridge explains technology in a way that improves platform adoption and reduces support costs.
- ChallengePost: A marketplace for challenges, ChallengePost is increasingly the host of developer contests. For example, it is behind Samsung’s Free the TV challenge, which we wrote is giving away serious money.
- MindTouch: If you want to automatically document your API, look no further than MindTouch, whose software is used by Mozilla, Novell, Intel, Microsoft and Intuit.
- NAVTEQ: The NN4D Network for Developers encourages location-aware applications on the web, mobile phones and wireless devices. Free membership gets you access over 40 APIs, map tools and third-party resources.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Follow the PW team on Twitter
APIs, mashups and code. Because the world's your programmable oyster.
Executive Editor, ProgrammableWeb. Author, Map Scripting 101. Lover, APIs.
Most new mashups last 60 days