Over at the Yahoo! Developer Network blog, Jeremy Zawodny kicked-off the new year by asking developers What’s on your 2007 YDN Wish List? A good question that has drawn a healthy mix of responses.
- New APIs: for media properties like Y!Movies, services like Yahoo! Calendar, custom search, and address book
- More language-specific centers and tools (Yahoo! already has many): Flex2, ColdFusion, Java
- Paid APIs for pay-as-you-go usage without limits
- Greater API consistency (some of the issue is legacy from acquisitions)
- Tools for developing “on Yahoo!” like Google’s GData APIs, aka the “Yahoo Operating System”
- How-to screencasts
- And lots of requests for free t-shirts
Later Yahoo!’s Kent Brewster announced they’d opened The Suggestion Box and cross-posted some of these over there.
Great to see an API provider inviting this level of open dialog and feedback.