Over at the Yahoo! Developer Network blog, Jeremy Zawodny kicked-off the new year by asking developers What’s on your 2007 YDN Wish List? A good question that has drawn a healthy mix of responses.
- New APIs: for media properties like Y!Movies, services like Yahoo! Calendar, custom search, and address book
- More language-specific centers and tools (Yahoo! already has many): Flex2, ColdFusion, Java
- Paid APIs for pay-as-you-go usage without limits
- Greater API consistency (some of the issue is legacy from acquisitions)
- Tools for developing “on Yahoo!” like Google’s GData APIs, aka the “Yahoo Operating System”
- How-to screencasts
- And lots of requests for free t-shirts
Later Yahoo!’s Kent Brewster announced they’d opened The Suggestion Box and cross-posted some of these over there.
Great to see an API provider inviting this level of open dialog and feedback.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Follow the PW team on Twitter
APIs, mashups and code. Because the world's your programmable oyster.
Executive Editor, ProgrammableWeb. Author, Map Scripting 101. Lover, APIs.
Most new mashups last 60 days