There are now 30 games-related mashups on ProgrammableWeb. Some are of course better than others. The most common APIs used are Google Maps and Flickr, although there’s an Amazon one thrown-in as well. Here’s a rundown of some of them:
- FlickrSudoku: Mashup of a popular online sudoku player and Flickr. Sudoku player courtesy sudoku.com.au.
- Fastr: A fun little Flickr game in which you view a set of ten images and try to guess the common tag. Time based scoring.
- Google Maps Quiz: Challenging map game. Match the close-up satellite image with its location on the world map
- ScoreSum: Tests how good you are at guessing peoples Hot-or-Not ratings, with an added twist. Somewhat similar is the Guess Who is Hotter game. As it says.
- Find the Landmark: Test your knowledge of US landmarks with interactive, timer-based Google Maps game.
- flicktionary: Test your guessing skills and flickr picture choosing skills in this fun twist on pictionary. Beware — some people tag photos quite liberally.
- Relate-a-zon: Six Degrees of Amazon recommended products. Complete missions like Find your way from DeWalt drill to the book American Psycho. Least hops or money spent earns a spot on the highscore. Fun game.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Follow the PW team on Twitter
APIs, mashups and code. Because the world's your programmable oyster.
Executive Editor, ProgrammableWeb. Author, Map Scripting 101. Lover, APIs.
Most new mashups last 60 days